This if first and official HENkaku Installer for 3.67 and later firmware (3.65, 3.63…). HENkaku is the first ever homebrew enabler ( Jailbreak ) for PS Vita and PSTV. It is akin to jailbreaking your iPhone or rooting your Android device. Homebrew are games and other software not officially approved. For example, VitaDoom is a port of the classic game DOOM and mGBA lets you play Game Boy Advance ROMs. You can find more examples in the showcase. Best of all, HENkaku is 100% free.
Video how to install
HENkaku allows us to access the PS Vita’s memory card directly, which means that we can substitute the EML hack with HENkaku to set up a usermode Custom Bubble, such as the VHBL or PSPFiler.
- PS Vita on firmware 3.67 or later (3.65, 3.63, 3.62, 3.61)
- PC running Windows XP or later
- USB cable for PS Vita
- Memory card
- Download all requirement files from link below
100% Virus free VirusTotal report
- Unzip with WinRar (Download here)
- Connect PS Vita via USB
- Run HENkaku 3.61+.exe
- Click to “Check” to check compatibility
- If your PS Vita is compatibile Click to “Install HENkaku”
- Wait 1-2 min to install
- Reboot PS Vita and HENkaku will be installed
The first time you install HENkaku, a new bubble named “shell” will show up in LiveArea. This application allows you to install other homebrew bubbles. However, once you reboot the device, molecularShell and any other homebrew bubbles you installed will not be able to be launched until you run the installer again.
Release 6 (November 23, 2017)
- Fully support 3.65 Firmware
- PSN spoofing works again (it will be fixed by Sony in the future so use it while you can. You can also disable PSN spoofing in molecularShell settings menu).
- First boot of molecularShell will alert the user to unsafe homebrew and how to enable it.
- Improved stability of the payload.
Release 5 (August 23, 2017)
- Fixed rare bug which crashes modded SceShell.
- Removed “welcome” message when triggering exploit (was used for debugging and is no longer needed)
Release 4 (Febuary 3, 2017)
- Fixed issue where YouTube website did not work
- Added support for PSTV and Vita Slim internal storage
- Updated to VitaShell 0.86
- Compatible with last 3.63
Release 3 (November 27, 2016)
- PSN patch: You can access PSN without ban
- Safe homebrew support: Developers can optionally mark their homebrews as “safe” and it will not gain restricted API access. We highly recommend developers who are not using such features to update their packages as safe.
- VitaShell 0.8: Read the release notes from The_FloW for the list of changes to VitaShell.
Release 2 (September 20, 2016)
- Dynarec support: Developers can generate ARM code and execute it directly. This aids in JIT engines for emulators.
- VitaShell 0.7: When we originally released HENkaku, we forked VitaShell to molecularShell because we didn’t want to spend too much time writing our own file manager. Thanks to The_FloW, our changes have been merged to the official VitaShell codebase and we no longer need molecularShell. This release had added many new features and bug fixes to the shell.
Release 1 (August 16, 2016)
- First release